Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grati-Tuesday.

1. Public transportation. Relatively cheap, better for the environment than driving, and I can catch some extra zzzs on the morning train ride (sometimes. If people aren't noisy).

2. Learning that you have enough stuff. The more I focus on making the best use of the material goods I already own, the freer I am to spend my energy, time and money acquiring experiences, relationships and happiness instead of things.

Via.
That being said, I am also grateful for...

3. This maxi skirt. It's super comfortable, cool enough for the humid summer and work appropriate. Also I had a gift card to the Loft and so I got it for free! (Actually, I made money off of it because it cost less than the gift card balance and they gave me the difference in cash. I didn't know anyone still did that!)


4. Books. Hardback, paperback, electronic, audio, I love them all. If you give me a good book, I will devour it. It would probably behoove me to learn how to take my time and savor it so that they last longer but dagnabit, I have to know how it ends!

5. Maxwell House International Coffee. The coffee in the pot at work seems to be too acidic for my oh-so-delicate stomach, but I found the solution: powdered coffee. I don't know why I didn't think about it before, as my mother drinks it every day and has done so for as long as I can remember. I'm back to looking forward to getting to work in the morning so I can have my cup of coffee (which is good, since I need some reason to get out of bed in the morning).


3 comments:

  1. Attitude of gratitude is so important! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    I presented you with an award today. Just thought you should know. :)

    You can check it out here: http://pluckypicaroon.blogspot.com/2012/07/lovely-blog-awardz.html

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love maxi skirts this summer. And MAKING MONEY on one? You know how to find the deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to limit myself to the one maxi skirt instead of buying a whole bunch, but I'm tempted!

      I wish I could take credit for finding the deal, but it was a happy accident. I wish those kinds of accidents happened more often though!

      Delete